All classes are held at Kwinana Dojo, located at 1 Barker Rd, Wellard. (Next to the Fire Station)
Tiger Cubs (4-6yrs)
- Classes will focus on the basic development of karate skills
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 4:45 – 5:30pm
- This class is dedicated to new members up to Yellow belt. This is an intensive basics driven class which has been set up to help new students of all ages become familiar with the foundations of Shito-ryu Kofukan Karate.
Monday and Friday 5:30 – 6:30pm
Beginners to Intermediate
- The focus of junior training is on developing a sound knowledge of the basic karate moves.
- We aim to teach young students how to protect themselves and more importantly how to avoid dangerous situations.
- The class is both fun and informative for young students
- Students are allowed to travel at their own pace, their confidence in performing the movements of kata and drills will increase over time.
- Students will be offered the opportunity to grade only when their instructor believes they are ready to take the next stage of their journey. The student is welcome to decline the opportunity if they themselves do not feel ready and would prefer to attempt to grade at another time.
- While students are always encouraged, they will never be pressured to advance.
Tuesday & Thursday 5:30 – 6:30pm
Intermediate to Advance
- Training for a senior student is more advanced in regards to technique and complexity as opposed to beginners training.
- A persons ability is taken into account – age, weight, previous injuries, illness etc all play an important role in your ability to perform certain tasks. One of the beautiful things about Karate is that it was designed as a lifetime pursuit of perfection. Class members do not compete with each other as a measure of their own personal achievement, instead we judge our success on our ability to perform a task better than we did the last time.
Tuesday & Thursday – 6:30 – 7:30pm/8pm
Junior & Senior Students $95 per school term
Registration $60 per student
*Fees are reduced pro-rata throughout the term.
Grading $40 per student
Kidsport vouchers are accepted at Kwinana Dojo. On presentation of a validated fee voucher students training fees will be reduced by $50 per school term. Grading and equipment fees will still be payable.